I am often asked what time is the best time to sleep. To be honest, the best sleeping time is from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. However, the time may vary from person to person and situation to situation.
If you love sleeping and sleep is your good friend who meets you on your every call, then you must think that every time is the best time to sleep. But remember that oversleeping has its own set of side effects.
If you are someone facing insomnia, then your life must be a struggle between at least sleeping or sleeping at the right time.
The routine of every individual is different from the others. That is why it’s extremely difficult to set time in stone. However, generally speaking, 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. seems to be the perfect time to sleep as the body works best in these hours to repair itself in sleep.
Not sleeping at night, sleeping less, or not sleeping in these particular hours makes the repairing process difficult.
Nonetheless, the following article is an elaborative discussion of the question, Is the best sleeping time from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.? Let’s find out its answer and more!
Is the best sleeping time from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.?
The best sleeping time depends from person to person, and their schedule, and there’s no denying that.
However, when talking generally, 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. is considered the best sleeping time. Sleeping for more than 2 hours will be even better.
We all understand that the time duration a person sleeps in has a great effect on the human body and brain, but how much is too much and how much is too low has always been in debate as we have seen people feel better even with less sleep and feel tired even after sleeping for long hours.
Here’s a table for a quick overview of the effects of time durations of sleep on human health:
|Sleep Duration||Its Effects|
|5 Hours Sleep||Sleeping for only 5 hours interrupts a person’s day-to-day work by trolling with the senses.|
|6 Hours Sleep||6 hours of sleep can land a person in a bad mood, high sugar level, and high blood pressure.|
|7 Hours Sleep||Sleeping for 7 hours is an adequate amount you give to yourself. There are no harmful effects noted for people sleeping for 7 hours straight at night.|
|8 Hours Sleep||Sleeping for 8 hours is the best thing you can do for your body and brain. Sleeping for 8 hours is not just good for you physically but mentally.|
|9 Hours Sleep||Sleeping for 8 hours is the best thing you can do for your body and brain. Sleeping for 8 hours is not just good for you physically but mentally.|
The ideal time duration for sleeping is 7 to 8 hours, and the ideal time to sleep and wake up is between 10 p.m. to 6 p.m. Yet this is not set in stone. Choose what goes best for you.
But remember that the body releases healing hormones at night, which overcome many health issues. It’s also believed that people who miss their night’s sleep have a shorter lifespan.
So, be safe rather than be sorry!
Tips for A Goodnight’s Sleep
Sleeping is very important to keep our sanity. No matter how important it is, people still struggle to sleep soundly and quickly.
Here are some tips that will help you to go to sleep nicely no matter what time duration you choose to sleep in:
- Choose one time that you think will be best for your schedule and the time duration that you consider to be helping your health benefits, and stick to it!
- Remove any and every distraction from the outside world that will stop you from reaching the land of your dreams, simply said, in your sleep. That distraction can be any electronic gadget or even a book or your partner. I mean, don’t go on bad terms with people, but politely excuse yourself and let them explain how not sleeping right is affecting everything around you.
- Make sure that your room is dark and at the right temperature. Darker bedrooms give a sense of night. Hence, it helps in falling asleep easily. As for the temperature, too hot will make you sweat and stop you from falling asleep, and too cold will be so chilly that it will disturb your sleep.
- Also, try to be as active as you can be throughout the day. An eventful day ensures a peaceful night’s sleep.
- Eat 2 hours before going to bed. Also, avoid taking large meals at night as it’s not good for your health, and it also refrains from falling asleep.
- Moreover, caffeine and alcohol can be a hurdle between you and your sleep. Avoid these two before bedtime.
Check out this video to learn some tricks to sleep fast:
Frequently Asked Question
Is sleeping from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. good?
Sleeping from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. is perfect.
This time duration makes up to 7 hours which is perfect as it is not too little or not too much. 7 hours is everything a person wants for all the energy they need to go about the coming day.
Is 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. sleep enough?
Certainly not. Sleeping from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. is just 5 hours of sleep, and sleeping this little makes people frustrated and keeps them in a bad mood.
Also, those who sleep for this little are not allowing their body to do the self-healing properly.
Is it okay to sleep from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m.?
Sleeping between 9 p.m. and 4 a.m. is a good time to sleep as the time duration will be 7 hours.
7 to 8 hours of sleep is considered ideal for a healthy life and a productive day.
- The best sleeping hours are either 7 hours or 8 hours. Anything less than that or more than that is not good for health.
- Sleeping between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. is good but not the best thing to do. The time period that sums up is 6 hours, and 6 hours of sleep is not enough.
- While 6 hours of sleep is considered okay, it is not considered the best thing to do.
- Always try to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep and be consistent with your routine.